Episode 2: Beginner Mistakes
- What are the basic things you need to know going in?
- What kinds of things do we see regularly that beginning writers don’t quite have a grasp on?
- What are some key things writers may or may not understand how to do or maybe not do well when they first start writing for kids?
- How does working with and within genre and category differ in KidLit?
- Why does target reader age range matter and how does it impact how we approach story?
- What mistakes have we made along the way and how can you avoid them?
- What action items can help you avoid the pitfalls and level up your KidLit writing?
Find out more about Christy at christyyaros.com.