January 4, 2022January 4, 2022 0 Comments
Episode 2: Beginner Mistakes
In this episode we address common questions about writing for kids and share some of the most common pitfalls, including those we have made ourselves, and offer tips on how to avoid them.
- What are the basic things you need to know going in?
- What kinds of things do we see regularly that beginning writers don’t quite have a grasp on?
- What are some key things writers may or may not understand how to do or maybe not do well when they first start writing for kids?
- How does working with and within genre and category differ in KidLit?
- Why does target reader age range matter and how does it impact how we approach story?
- What mistakes have we made along the way and how can you avoid them?
- What action items can help you avoid the pitfalls and level up your KidLit writing?
Find out more about Christy at christyyaros.com.
Find out more about Sharon at bookcoachingbysharon.com and sharonskinner.com.